Skills assessment questions

I’ve changed address. Do I need to let the ADC know?

It is your responsibility to notify the ADC of any changes to your contact information.

If you have changed your contact details, notify us as soon as possible using the Notification of change of contact details form. You can download the form here

The ADC will not accept responsibility for the non-receipt of correctly addressed emails, correspondence or other communications.

For applicants living in India, Africa or the Middle East, please allow four to six weeks for mail travel to and from Australia.

How do I apply for a skills assessment?

You can apply for a skills assessment by completing an application Initial assessment of professional qualifications in general dentistry form.

You should read the explanatory notes and checklist sections carefully before completing this form. All required documentation and payments must be supplied to ensure your application is processed.

What visa options are available to me as a dental practitioner?

The ADC is unable to provide advice about visas or migration. You should contact the Department of Home Affairs for information.

I have just received an Australian dental qualification and want to continue living in Australia. Do I need a skills assessment?

If you are an overseas resident, have recently received a dental qualification from an accredited Australian university and wish to apply for a visa, you may be required to apply for a skills assessment with the ADC.

You should contact the Department of Home Affairs for further information.