April and May 2019 practical examinations
16 January 2019
The Australian Dental Council (ADC) is pleased to announce the availability of additional practical examination places in April and May 2019.
Expressions of interest for a practical examination in April and May 2019 are open from Monday 21 to Friday 25 January 2019.
More than 650 candidates are eligible to sit a practical examination in April and May 2019 and approximately 200 seats are available.
Candidates wishing to sit a practical examination during this period must email and expression of interest to [email protected] from 21 to 25 January 2019.
Your email must include:
- your ADC reference number
- your full name
- your date of birth
- a scanned copy of your valid passport
- ‘EOI examination period April-May 2019’ as the subject line.
Expressions of interest will be assessed in order of receipt. The ADC will email further instructions on completing a practical examination application form to successful candidates. This form is to be completed and sent to the ADC within 2 weeks of notification.
Exam dates and eligibility criteria beyond May 2019 are not known at this stage. You should carefully consider the expiration date of your written examination validity and the number of opportunities likely to be offered to you prior to its expiration. The ADC does not guarantee candidates a minimum number of attempts at the practical examination however, the ADC has increased its capacity by more than 50 per cent each year to accommodate the waiting list of eligible candidates. It is expected expressions of interest will exceed the number of available seats.
Successful candidates will be notified of their practical examination date via email by Friday 22 February 2019 and will be allocated a seat in April or May 2019. Unfortunately, we are unable to consider preferences or specific examination dates.
At this time, expressions of interest are only open to candidates who:
- hold a written examination expiring after October 2019
- have not previously been eligible to apply for a practical examination in 2019
- do not have an existing practical examination booking, have pending practical examination results, or a pending appeal.
Candidates with a pending verification, but not an appeal, who otherwise meet the above criteria, may apply during the application period.
Based on the above criteria, expressions of interest are not open to candidates who:
- passed the September 2018 written examination
- hold a written examination expiring in 2019 - Candidates with a written examination expiring in October 2019 are eligible to apply for examination places in March and April through the application period closing on 25 January and have been prioristised to ensure maximum opportunities to attempt the practical exam. More information regarding this application period is available here.
- have a current practical examination booking
- have pending practical examination results
- have a pending appeal.
Please note, at this time, the ADC will only accept expressions of interest from candidates meeting the eligibility criteria.
In fairness to all candidates, the ADC cannot consider expressions of interest received outside the specified period, or from candidates who do not meet the eligibility criteria.
Additional information regarding future 2019 practical examination dates and application periods will be announced via the ADC website, as soon as it is available.
The ADC is committed to keeping all candidates updated on access to examination seats, as well as important information relating to the assessment process. All candidates, regardless of their status in the assessment process, are strongly encouraged to monitor the ADC website for up-to-date information on examinations and assessments.
For any additional enquiries, please contact the ADC via the contact us page.