The Australian Dental Council schedules applications for the written and practical examinations throughout the year.
Application periods for the written and practical examinations announced for 2021 are detailed in the table below. Examination dates beyond August 2021 will be announced at a later time.
Please note. Examination dates and application periods are subject to change.
How do I apply for an ADC examination?
There are conditions of application for ADC examinations. Please read these conditions carefully before applying for a written or practical examination.
How to apply?
- Eligible candidate can submit their application form and supporting documentation to the ADC via post during the relevant application period. Application forms are available here.
- The application should be downloaded and printed as a hard copy prior to completion. Please make sure you are using the correct version of the application form. The form contains detailed guidelines to help you complete it.
- All supporting documentation must follow the ADC certification of documentation guidelines. Incorrectly certified documents will result in delays, or in your application being declined.
- Post your application and supporting documents to the address provided on the application form. You will receive an email notification when your application has been received.
Eligibility to apply
- If you do not meet the eligibility criteria detailed in the relevant section of the above table, your application will be declined.
- We must receive your completed application, including payment with all supporting documentation correctly certified, before the closing date of the relevant application period. Partial or incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Once your application has been assessed, you will receive an email from the ADC advising of the outcome of your application.
There are three possible outcomes:
1. Your application was successful and you are authorised to sit the examination.
2. Your application is incomplete and you are required to submit additional information or resubmit payment during the application period.
3. Your application was unsuccessful because you are ineligible to sit this examination or a complete application was not received during the application period.
The ADC will notify you of the outcome of your application in writing. Additional information relating to your examination will be provided in the lead up to your examination date.
Attending the examination
- Travelling to an ADC examination is the candidate's responsibility. Failure to arrange travel or obtain necessary visas after an examination date is allocated will be considered a withdrawal and associated fees will apply.
Practical examination conditions
- If your application is accepted, you will be allocated an examination date within the specified date range.
- As seat availability is limited, we strongly encourage you submit your application early during the application period to ensure the best chances of securing an examination seat.
- We cannot accept requests for specific examination days or months. You should ensure that you are able to sit at any time during the date range before applying.
- Once your examination date has been allocated, it cannot be transferred or postponed. If you are unable to attend your allocated date, the applicable withdrawal policy and withdrawal fees apply.
If you have any questions regarding the application periods, contact the ADC via our contact us page.