Additional application period for 2020 practical examinations
29 November 2019
The Australian Dental Council (ADC) is pleased to announce an additional application period for candidates wishing to sit a practical examination in March 2020.
As seat availability is limited, we strongly encourage you to submit your application early in the application period to ensure the best chances of securing an examination seat.
*candidates with a written examination expiring in November 2022 have the option to apply for a practical examination place in March, OR for the May-June 2020 examination period described here.
No examinations are scheduled for December 2019, January 2020, April 2020 or July 2020.
Please note that our office will be closed from 23 December 2019 and re-open on 2 January 2020.
Please read these conditions of practical examination seat allocation carefully before applying.
- If your application is accepted, you will be allocated an examination date within the specified date range.
- We cannot accept requests for specific examination days or months. You should ensure that you are able to sit at any time during the date range before applying.
- Once your examination date has been allocated, it cannot be transferred or postponed. If you are unable to attend your allocated date, withdrawal fees apply.
Eligibility to apply
- You must belong to the relevant eligible group and have:
- no pending examination reviews or appeals and
- no existing practical examination booking.
- If you do not meet these eligibility criteria your application will be declined.
- We must receive your completed application, with all supporting documentation correctly certified, before the closing date of the relevant application period.
In fairness to all candidates, the ADC cannot consider applications received outside the defined application period, or from candidates not meeting the eligibility criteria.
The ADC is committed to keeping all candidates updated on access to examination seats, as well as important information relating to the assessment process. All candidates, regardless of their place in the assessment process, are strongly encouraged to monitor the ADC website for up-to-date information on examinations and assessments.
For any further enquiries, please contact the ADC via the contact us page.