Work for the ADC: Dental Assistant
21 September 2021
Looking for a dental role with a difference? We have an exciting opportunity for a Dental Assistant to join us for a fixed term period of 12 months.
Reporting to the Venue Coordinator, and based in our Melbourne office you will be part of a vibrant, fun and committed team. Filled with variety this role provides assistance to candidates, examiners and staff to ensure the smooth running of the practical examination. The Examination Centre is a purpose built, simulated environment that assesses the clinical skills and competencies of overseas trained dental practitioners seeking to register to practice in Australia. The position involves setting up different areas within the Examination Centre including clinic, treatment rooms, examination rooms, laboratory and others.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with a team of Examiners, Convenor, Manager, Venue Coordinator and other Dental Assistants within the context of a dental clinic environment.
- Assisting candidates and examiners of the Examination Centre in carrying out daily tasks and procedures.
- Developing strong working relationships with clinical centre staff.
- Maintaining Examination Centre facilities, including clinic chairs, examination rooms, briefing rooms and lounges.
- Assisting with setting up and packing up of the clinic, examination rooms and treatment rooms.
- Assisting with the maintenance of dental instruments and equipment within the Examination Centre.
- Assisting with maintaining adequate stock of consumables and materials.
- Ensuring the implementation of examination skill tasks are in accordance with the standard operating procedures, quality standards and examination handbook.
- Assisting with preparation of examination materials.
As a successful applicant to the role, you will have:
- Qualifications relevant to dental assisting, Certificate IV (dental intraoral x-ray) with a current Victorian radiography licence (mandatory).
- Excellent communication skills with proven ability to liaise with a wide range of individuals.
- Ability to closely follow policies and instructions.
- A customer service focus and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Familiarity with current dental materials and equipment.
- Experienced in general maintenance of dental clinics and equipment.
- Contemporary knowledge of infection control.
Why work for us?
We are a small team with a friendly and inclusive culture. For us, our people come first. We know that when our people are happy and supported, we do our best work. Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- 8 weeks of annual leave per annum.
- 9 day fortnight with every other Friday off.
- Salary packaging.
- An organisation that supports diversity and inclusion.
- Training and leadership development.
Suitable applicants will be contacted prior to the position closing date. To apply for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application via Seek.
Applications must include:
- A copy of your resume
- Detailed cover letter outlining your motivations for this position
- Your Radiation Licence Number
Please direct enquiries to Karen Escobar, Venue Coordinator via [email protected]
We are committed to a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBT and people with disability.