Work for the ADC: Director, Assessments and Examinations
10 June 2021
Cement yourself as an assessments and examinations expert in this full-time ongoing role, leading the Australian Dental Council assessments and examinations functions, where innovation and new ideas are embraced and celebrated.
About the role
This ongoing full-time position is a high-profile member of the Senior Leadership Team with significant opportunity to shape the future of dental assessments and examinations in Australia. COVID-19 impacted the delivery of our examinations throughout 2020 but with the flexibility of our own examination centre, the ADC has accelerated its examination delivery and is on track to deliver a record number of examinations in 2021!
We are now seeking to formalise the leadership and strategic direction of the examinations team for the future needs of the ADC. This is a perfect opportunity for a big picture thinker to bring their innovative mindset to a high performing team and challenge the status quo!
Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer , you will be responsible for:
- Setting the strategy and business direction for the ADC examinations and assessments portfolio and playing a leadership role in the ADCs’ organisational strategy.
- Leadership of the development and delivery of ADC assessments and examinations.
- Representing the ADC as an expert in assessments and examinations.
- Maintaining and continuously improving systems and processes to ensure quality support and service to our stakeholders.
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team and Chief Executive Officer to promote an evidence-based approach to our functions to continue our leadership in assessments and examinations.
- Promoting an innovation mindset across the organisation.
We are committed to providing flexibility in how, when, and where you work, but there are inherent onsite requirements in our Melbourne based examination centre and office and some national and international travel (when permitted) required for this role.
You are the person we are looking for if you have:
- Understanding of contemporary assessment pedagogy, especially in relation to health practitioners for credentialing/registration purposes.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, including writing for publication and developing policies.
- Experience working with Committees and Working Groups, including the development of strategic agendas and discussion papers.
- Experience and confidence presenting to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Experience reporting to a Chief Executive Officer.
- Experience developing teams.
- Experience working in a not-for-profit organisation.
- Ability to manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
It would be desirable if you also have:
- A dental practitioner qualification with current registration with the Dental Board of Australia (in good standing).
- Some experience in accreditation, quality assurance or regulation within the Australian or dental context.
- Some experience in the health sector.
Working with us
We strive to achieve high performance and high quality in everything we do and for us, that means putting our people first. We know that when our people are happy, healthy, and supported, we do our best work.
We are a small team with a friendly and inclusive culture, and we will set you up to succeed with great conditions, great benefits, and the personal and professional development you need to be your best. Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- An attractive salary and generous leave entitlements.
- Flexible work options.
- An organisation that recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion.
- Training and leadership development.
The more information about the role can be found in the position description.
Please visit Seek to apply for this position. Applications must include a copy of your resume and a detailed cover letter that addresses the selection criteria, telling us why you are the right person for this position and why this position is right for you.
Applications close 11:59pm, Thursday 24 June 2021.
Please direct enquiries to the Chief Executive Officer, Narelle Mills via [email protected]
Respectfully, the ADC is not seeking support from external recruitment agencies for this role.
We are committed to a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTIQ+ and people with disability.